Public Companies, Private Companies and NGOs require Memorandum and Articles of Association that need to be certified by a Notary Public who is a member of the legal profession. Therefore applicants applying for any of the business entities are encouraged to use the services of legal practitioners.
Defensive Names (CM5, CM8, and CM8A) are available at all offices of the Ministry of Industrialisation, Trade and SME Development (MITSMED) country-wide and at the Namibia Chambers of Commerce and Industry (NCCI) and its branches at no cost.
Once a client has collected their registered documents, they must also ensure compliance with the requirements of other relevant institutions namely:
- the Ministry of Finance (registration for VAT and Company Tax)
- the Ministry of Labour
- the Ministry of Home Affairs (work permits, visas, etc.)
- the Social Security Commission
- Namibia Tourism Board (NTB)
- Local Authority by-laws such as those specified by the City of Windhoek, or local authorities in Swakopmund, Walvis Bay, Keetmanshoop, Oshakati etc.