Requirements for Registration
Original musical, literary, artistic, audio visual works, sound recordings and broadcasts shall be eligible for copyright protection.
Procedures for Registering Copyright Works
To be accepted for registration
- The work must be of original authorship. This means that the work must not have been copied from somebody or anywhere else.
- A prescribed application form must be obtained from the Copyright & Traditional Knowledge Division.
- The applicant must submit the application form together with one copy of the work.
- The work must be in tangible form including digital form for example CD, DVD, books, etc.
The following information is also required:
- Applicant”s Details
- Certified Identity Document
- Details of the Copyrighted Work
- Authorship/Artist Details
- Production/Publication Details