Requirements for Registration
Original musical, literary, artistic, audio visual works, sound recordings and broadcasts shall be eligible for copyright protection.
Procedures for Registration of Copyright Works
To be accepted for registration,
- The work must be of original authorship. This means that the work must not have been copied from somebody or anywhere else.
- A prescribed application form must be obtained from the Copyright & Traditional Knowledge Division.
- The applicant must submit the application form together with one copy of the work.
- The work must be in tangible form including digital form for example VCD, CD, DVD, books, cassettes etc.
The following particulars are also required:
- Applicant Details
- Certified Identity Documents
- Copyright Work Details
- Authorship/Artist Details
- Production/Publication Details